I am a crispy tofu lover… I could eat it by itself, it’s so good to me! Right after I fry it and before I throw it into the vegetables for this meal, I toss it in Sriracha separately so it gets a nice, spicy coating on it. I don’t include this in the instructions, but feel free to give it a try! If you like spicy, you won’t be disappointed.
Tofu Stir Fry
2 Cups Broccoli, chopped
1 Cup Snap Peas
2 Carrots, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Zucchini, chopped
1 Onion, sliced into larger pieces
1 Tofu Block, chopped into small cubes
3-4 tbsp Cooking Oil
Soy sauce, 2-3 tbsp
Sriracha, 2-3 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Cayenne powder, 1/2 tbsp
Paprika, 1/2 tbsp
1. Heat cooking oil in a large wok to medium-high heat.
2. Toss all vegetables into the wok, mixing in all spices and sauces thoroughly and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes. Covering if necessary.
3. Allow soy sauce to simmer and cook the vegetables.
1. While veggies are softening, heat about a 1/2 inch of olive oil on medium high heat.
2. (Don’t forget to press your tofu before you cook it!) and add the tofu to the heated oil.
2. Turn tofu once it is golden brown, usually about 4 minutes on each side. It should come out crispy and golden.
3. Once finished cooking, set on a paper towel lined plate to me soak any excess oils.
4. Toss in with your vegetable wok.
5. Serve meal with rice and Trader Joe’s gyoza.