Before going vegan, I always began every morning with an egg. I was always hesitant to give the tofu scramble option a try, but once I did I didn’t have to miss eggs anymore! I personally like to cook the tofu a little longer that was it gets a little bit crispy, but that’s just me! Try this recipe for a fluffy, spicy, and flavorful tofu scramble that is totally cruelty free! P.S. Don’t forget to press your tofu for 15 minutes before you cook it!
This recipe is so versatile! Some ways it can be used…
Simple, Easy Breakfast
Add potatoes for a heartier breakfast
Served over toast
Tofu Scramble (cook time: 10-12 minutes)
Firm tofu (about half a block)
1/4 cup spinach
1/2 red or orange pepper
1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp culminated
1 tsp tumeric (optional! But will give it that egg color!)
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat.
2) Add in onions, tomatoes, peppers, jalapeño and allow to simmer.
3) Put garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika in a small bowl. Add just a touch of water, enough to turn spices into a sauce.
4) Press tofu. Use a fork to mash it into bits for the scramble.
5) Add mashed tofu to the cooking vegetables.
6) Pour water/spice mixture sauce over the top and evenly disperse throughout the tofu. Add more water and spices if it is necessary and more salt and pepper to taste. Cook until thoroughly hot.
7) Serve with hashbrowns and salt/peppered avocado for a delicious breakfast! Or add these into a delicious breakfast burrito instead of eggs.