My FAVORITE vegan banana bread recipe! Quick and easy breakfast or snack, sweet and delicious! I have served this loaf to vegan and non-vegan friends who love it and can’t tell any difference. It’s moist, crumbly, and delicious with walnuts or chocolate chips! 🍞🍌💕
VEGAN BANANA BREAD:
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup Earth Balance or other vegan butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
3 Bananas, mashed
1/4 cup Almond Milk
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Walnut Pieces (Optional!)
1) Whisk together almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
2) Preheat oven to 350 F.
3) In a separate large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
4) In a different bowl, mash together the margarine and sugars with a fork until well blended. Add bananas, vanilla and milk-vinegar from earlier.
5) Add wet ingredients to dry mix. Fold in nuts if you are using them.
6) Grease a bread loaf pan or line it with parchment.
7) Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for about 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
8) Allow bread to cool a bit, usually 10-15 minutes. Slice. Serve topped with Earth Balance! Enjoy!
*** UPDATE!: I randomly added blackberries to the recipe. PLEASE do yourself a f(l)avor (lol) and try this. It is delicious! When the bread comes out of the oven and you bite into a juicy blackberry it’s like eating a fresh pie. Yum!