SALAAAAD! So easy, simple, filling, and yet still light. Everyone needs a good salad at least once a week. My recipe is SO easy… Do you have lettuce lying around? How about some vegetables? Okay, we’re in.
So, don’t feel like you need to stay within the compounds of my ingredients list. If you have another vegetable medley in mind– USE IT! Just use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge and you can have an awesome salad in no time. Here are some good veggie combinations that I’ve used: peppers, onions, corn/ tomatoes, onions, snap peas/ snap peas, corn, onions, broccoli/ asparagus, broccoli, snap peas. Throw it all in!
Here are the ingredients pictured, however.
1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup snap peas, chopped
Small handful of canned corn (I just eyeball if so I don’t get too much)
1/4 cup of prepared quinoa
1 small slice of sourdough bread
Your choice of protein- I used 3 Trader Joe’s chickenless tenders
1/2 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup spring mix
2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette (or a dressing of your choice!)
Fresh cracked black pepper
- Prepare your croutons using the slice of sourdough bread; Simply preheat your oven to 450 F and butter your bread (un-toasted) with Earth Balance. Top with a sprinkle of garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Cut the slice of bread into small squares and place on baking sheet. Cook for about 6 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- With your croutons, put in your Gardein Chickenless Tenders (same baking sheet). You will just pull the croutons out early. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Place spinach and spring mix at the bottom of a bowl. Add in vegetables and cold, cooked quinoa.
- Once croutons are heated, allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes before placing them into your salad. Usually they are cooled by the time your Chickenless Tenders are done cooking.
- Top salad with dressing and fresh cracked pepper.