I just recently started buying pita and it is so diverse! From dipping in hummus, wraps, chalupas, toast, and now to mini pizzas! 🍕 I was looking for a super fast after school lunch I can just pop in the oven after class so I can get right back to my homework, and this is a great option. Perfect for one person! 👍🏼👌🏻 feel free to use whatever ingredients you want to! This is just what I used in the photo!
Ingredients (for 1 person):
1 whole grain pita
1-2 tbsp tomato basil marinara
1/2 jalapeño, diced/unseeded
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 pepper (green or red), diced
Small handful of sliced olives
1 large basil leaf, chopped
4-5 grape tomatoes, chopped
4-5 spinach leaves
1/2 mini avocado, sliced thinly
Seasoning of your choice (I love the Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute)
1) Preheat oven to 400 F 🔥
2) Set pita on a flat baking sheet and spoon marinara onto it. Spreading it in a circular motion evenly.
3) Sprinkly garlic powder lightly over your marinara sauce.
4) Have fun adding your toppings! Jalapeños, onions, peppers, tomatoes, olives. Press them into the sauce a bit so they cook into it and stay together. 🍅 🌶
5) I added my seasoning over the top of my pizza thus far, and then sprinkled a little bit of marinara over the top in some areas so it would cook together. 🍕
6) Cook your pizza for 10-15 minutes until you reach desired crispiness. Marinara will cook and darken and your pita will become golden brown at the edges. 👨🍳
7) Once your pizza is cooked, allow it to cool for about 3 minutes. Then add your spinach and 4 thin-sliced avocado slices. Alternatively, you can cut your pita pizza into slices before placing your avocado so cutting it is easier! 🥑 🔪
8) Slice into 4 pieces and enjoy! 🍕